Manufacturers and importers (proponents) of a new chemical are required to notify DENR-EMB of their intent to manufacture or import the new chemical not sooner than 180 days and not later than 90 days. Together with this notification, the proponent submits the appropriate PMPIN forms. There are two kinds PMPIN forms for notification. These are:
- PMPIN Abbreviated Form: used when a new chemical to be manufactured or imported is being used in a country with a developed and/or similar chemical review process as the Philippines, and sufficient information is submitted by notifier that clearly exhibits that the notified chemical will not pose an unreasonable risk.
- PMPIN Detailed Form: used when the new chemical being manufactured or imported are not yet listed in any country or when DENR-EMB determines that the information submitted for the new chemical does not contain sufficient documentation to enable DENR-EMB to determine the safety of the new chemical.
Once a new chemical has been assessed and approved by DENR-EMB for import and manufacture, the proponent is granted a clearance by DENR-EMB to import and manufacture the new chemical. The proponent is also required to submit a Notice of Commencement to Import or Manufacture Form (along with requirements stated in the form). Only after submission of this form will the new chemical be added to PICCS. The new chemical may be added to the PICCS public version or the PICCS confidential version depending whether when CBI is requested by the proponent in the Notice of Commencement.
- DAO 1992-29: Implementing Rules And Regulations of Republic Act 6969
- Guidelines on Small Quantity Importation under Republic Act 6969 and Its Implementing Rules and Regulations
- EMB MC 2014-010: Guidelines for the Disclosure of Confidential Business Information (CBI) and Monitoring of Small-Quantity Importation (SQI), and Pre-Manufacture Pre-Importation Notification (PMPIN)
- EMB MC 2016-003: Implementation of Online Processing of Priority Chemical List (PCL) and Premanufacture Preimportation Notification (PMPIN) Under the Title II of DENR AO 29, Series of 1992, of RA 6969
- DAO 2019-18: Polymers and Polymer of Low Concern (PLC) Exemption from the PMPIN Process
- EMB MC 2020-005: Data Requirements For Pre-Manufacture and Pre-Importation Notification (PMPIN) Procedures
For the Requirements, as reiteration to the requirements in RA 6969, the Environmental Management Bureau has issued EMB MC 2020-005: Data Requirements For Pre-Manufacture and Pre-Importation Notification (PMPIN) Procedures.